Audible

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Review: Love in the Time of Zombies

Love in the Time of Zombies Love in the Time of Zombies by Jill James
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Yep, It’s a story about zombies and love, I know, I know mention the word love or romance and some zombie book aficionados, hold their nose and run off like… well… a zombie hoard was at their doorstep!

If you’re one of those I’m here to tell you that you’re missing out on one great audiobook. This book has everything you expect from a great zombie listen, graphic descriptions of the horrifying carnage wrought by zombies, exposing the flaws of man under stress causing the rise to power of wicked men and a team of kick ass heroes who won’t go gentle into that good night.

A virulent strain of influenza is wreaking havoc on the world population and a grieving, US President orders the vaccine to be sprayed into the water and food supply, a great way to throw gasoline on the fire Pres!

Soon the dead are rising and two people from disparate lifestyles before the zombie apocalypse, Emily Gray an unhappy trophy wife and Seth Ripley a long distance truck driver discovers they have what it takes to survive in this harsh new world.

I enjoyed Jill James’ writing style and there were small sprinkles of humor at just the right times and I always appreciate that especially in this genre.

The audiobook is narrated Maxwell Zener and this is the first audiobook that I’ve listened to from him and he does a wonderful job voicing most of the characters in the story, sometimes though I did lose track of which character was narrating the scene, there wasn’t enough variation in tone for my ears between Emily’s character and Seth’s. That aside, I wouldn’t hesitate to listen to another audiobook with him as a reader.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment