Audible

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Review: Dangled Carat

Dangled Carat Dangled Carat by Hilary Grossman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I loved this humorous, heartrending and ultimately triumphant memoir of navigating a relationship with someone who has commitment issues. It has to be a painful experience in retrospect to tap into your emotions and feelings, I’m not that brave, nor would I have the patience of Job that Hilary had.

The story centers around Hilary a 27-year-old woman who meets Marc the man of her dreams and a confirmed bachelor, but what happens when the confirmed bachelor begrudgingly falls in love too?

Sometimes I felt as though Marc’s character was needlessly cruel, but I couldn’t see him as mean-spirited but probably just completely oblivious in some ways to other people’s feelings, although on the other hand, you could tell he was a caring person to those he deemed worthy of sharing his inner circle. The big question in the story was whether Hilary was part of that inner circle or just flitting on the periphery.

Would I suggest this as a playbook for young women who find themselves in a similar situation? Not likely, but for every Warren Beatty, there’s an Annette Bening out there somewhere!

Lisa Beacom did an excellent job narrating Dangled Carat and she also narrated Hilary Grossman’s first audiobook Plan Bea, which I recommend also. The audio quality, for the most part, was top notch there were a couple of areas where the audio was a little breathy, but it was corrected quickly.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment