Audible

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Review: King's

King's King's by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Mia Turner goes to Mexico in search of her brother who’s gone missing while on an archaeological dig, she’s barely closed the door to her hotel room, when a knock at the door produces two strange men who tell her in no uncertain terms to leave Mexico immediately or die and don’t even think about coming back. How rude!

As a last resort, she implores King to help her find out what happened to her brother and King is all too willing to help… for a price. Yep, the title says it all, King wants to own Mia Turner, lock stock and barrel. King is callous and uncaring as he effectively cuts Mia off from everything, demanding that she quit her job and just wait in his office, soon she out of money, her apartment and adding insult to injury, she is still brotherless. When Mia is just about to break under the pressure, King finally summons her to Mexico, umm… maybe Mia left out some important details about her previous visit to Mexico and maybe King will find he has a heart and that Mia’s not the only one getting owned.

I enjoyed this story so much, but I have to warn you this is a trilogy, so expect the dread cliffhanger and while some serious sparks fly between King and Mia there is no consummation of their relationship in this book. I found the story so engaging I didn’t miss it.

This was the first audiobook that I’ve listened to by the narrator, Helen Wick and I thought she did a wonderful job, the character voices were well defined and I had no problem discerning which person was speaking. The sound quality was excellent as well.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment