Audible

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Review: Dead Apocalypse

Dead Apocalypse Dead Apocalypse by Tim Moon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Listening to Dead Apocalypse is hearing my worst ZA fear out loud, stuck on an airplane and people all around you are falling ill and that’s how we meet Ben Chase our reluctant hero, who rises above his pay grade in life when the zombie apocalypse follows him and his best friend Ty to the big island of Hawaii.

If you’ve been following me for any length of time you know I love a good zombie story and I’ve written reviews on several of them, this may lead you to think that there are plenty of decent zombie books out there… you would be wrong! I just refuse to waste my time writing about the plethora of god awful zombie books out there.

Tim Moon's story is a breath of zombie stench free fresh air. I had to sit and cogitate awhile on why I liked this book so much and, other than the awesome narration by Maxwell Zener, who, I think has found his niche, it’s the pacing of the story, every time you breathe a sigh of relief, thinking they’ve escaped imminent danger, they’re unexpectedly thrown right back into the mayhem.

The production quality of this audiobook, which clocks in at just under 4 hours is good, there is one glaring error in chapter 2 where a whole sentence is repeated and of course it’s at the height of an intense scene, hopefully, it will be corrected, but it can’t take away the solid 4 star rating of this little gem.

The book is part of a series, but the story wraps up nicely, but you just know this show ain’t over yet and I look forward to the next installment.

This audiobook was gifted to me exchange for an unbiased review!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment