Audible

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Review: Impact Earth: Symbiosis

Impact Earth: Symbiosis

Impact Earth: Symbiosis by Timothy W. Long

My Good Reads rating: 5 of 5 stars

This audiobook is fantastic! I have to admit though I almost felt like I needed a flow chart in the beginning to keep track of everyone in this book! But don't worry by the end you really feel connected to each and every one of the five main characters in this audiobook. It also took a little getting used to the author jumping between characters, but once I got a feel for each character, I honestly enjoyed how the story was told multiple points of view, it made total sense. What really helped was the narration by Todd Menesses, but we'll talk more about that later. So, in this ensemble cast, you have Brian, the overweight pimply faced 16-year-old kid. Elise, an abused woman just starting to rebuild her life. Sean, the big, kind-hearted divorcé. Martin, a crotchety old veteran dying of cancer and last but not least, Victor, the family man.

While the entire population of Seattle is caught up in an alien invasion, these five characters are fighting not one but two alien invasions. Talk about sensory overload! I'm not one for spoilers, so I'll leave it at that. Timothy W. Long really takes his time building this story, so expect this tale will roll out over several books because I really feel like book one is just the beginning! Speaking of that, I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but when I went to Long's website to see when the next book in the series was scheduled for release, I looked high and low and found zilch, so I'm assuming it will be awhile before book two is released... sigh.

OK, so let's talk about narrator Todd Menesses, I dare anyone to tell me that narrators are not actors of the highest caliber and that one person is voicing ALL of the characters major and minor! Genius! Each character has their own distinct voice and not once did I have to question which character was talking and trust me it's quite a feat to keep that many characters straight!

Amazing story, awesome narration!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment